CoVantage Credit Union (formerly Antigo Co-op Credit Union) came into business in 1953. The first office had just two employees in the basement of the now non-operational Antigo Co-op Oil Association bulk plant. From the beginning, CoVantage has been member-owned and operated, with a philosophy of doing business for "people-not-profit" that still holds true today.
Although the founding charter was employees of the bulk oil plant, CoVantage is now community-chartered and has grown to include anyone who lives or works within the following Wisconsin counties: Brown, Clark, Florence, Forest, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Outagamie, Portage, Price, Shawano, Taylor, Vilas, Waupaca and Wood; and within the following Michigan counties: Dickinson, Iron, and Menominee.
In 2001, we changed our name from Antigo Co-op to better represent all members in north central Wisconsin and Michigan's UP. The name CoVantage Credit Union was chosen to honor our past by keeping ‘Co’ from our original name and combining it with ‘Vantage’ to represent the financial advantages we provide.
Over the years, CoVantage Credit Union has grown significantly, now business lending, mortgage lending, a full-service contact center, accounting, information technology/security, and marketing departments in addition to the expected teller, consumer lending, and financial service departments.